Here’s a snapshot of the feedback received to date:
- 94.8% of those completing evaluations rated the event overall as 4/5 or above (5 being “excellent”).
- 60% of those who clearly answered the question, said that attending this event affected their feelings about death and/or life.
- 81.3% of those who clearly answered the question regarding how well the structure of the discussion at the Death Cafe worked, rated 4/5 or above (5 being “very well). And 15.8% of people suggested that “more time” would be better.
- 86.6% of people clearly answering the question rated the overall quality of the facilitation of the event as 4/5 or above (5 being “excellent”) with the most popular suggestion for improvement being “more time”.
- 93.8% of those clearly answering the question, rated the overall quality of the food and beverages as 4/5 or above (5 being “excellent”).
The most common words used to sum up the event were:
1. “open/openness” (most popular)
2. “Friendly/very friendly”
4. “welcoming/very welcoming”
Others included: encouraging, invigorating, comforting and stimulating (and many many more!)
- 89.5% of responses were clearly encouraging of others who might be considering attending a Death Cafe.