Traditionally, belly casts are done with plaster bandages, which are then sanded back and painted. My casts are a little different!
I have been body casting since 2012! I start with medical grade plaster bandages, but then work with other mediums to create a cast that is like a sculpture….and more like a true work of art. The surface is smooth to touch, but there are small bumps and impressions that look like a clay model. The finish is a very beautiful, true-to-life form.
Casts may take up to 3 months to complete due to the high volume of work I have to do. I am the only (and best) caster around! (Cheeky but true!! Lucky for you!!)
- Breast and belly cast: $400.00 This includes: the cast being done in my home; the inside AND outside rendered; and both sides undercoated ready for you to paint/decorate yourself. Hands can be included in the cast as well. They cost an additional $50 per hand, due to extra time required to cast & render. They’re actually quite ‘fiddly’
- Rendering: Most rendering requests that I receive are for DIY casts that people want to pretty up or strengthen. Unfortunately, I have never received a DIY cast for rendering that has not required some structural improvements even before rendering can start. Rendering is NOT a substitute for foundational/structural strength, and rendering on a weak, damaged, or soft cast is a waste of money. Rendering only, with no attention to structural quality starts at $150.00. Generally, however, casts requiring rendering also need additional work on them to get them to the rendering stage. So your “average” render actually starts at about $250 with strengthening work. Each case is different though, and I am happy to discuss options.
- Belly bowl: $325.00. This includes: the cast being done in my home; both sides rendered; “feet” for the bowl so it sits nicely; and both sides undercoated ready for you to paint/decorate yourself.
- Art work (your design or mine): starts at $80.00. Obviously more complex designs take longer to paint, and thus will cost more. It’s best that we discuss what you are after and then negotiate a price.
- Casts done in your home: Personally I believe that having the cast done here at my home is the preferred option, as you just turn up, have your cast done, then head off home whilst I clean up the mess. Of course when I do house calls I provide drop sheets etc, but casting can be a little messy…..so I reckon leave the cleaning to me! Having said that, I will do call-outs if they are requested. Additional costs to cover fuel and travel time MAY be incurred however. Please contact me to discuss this option.
- Repairs: I can do belly cast repairs, so please do not throw out an imperfect home-made cast, or one that has been a bit battered in the bottom of a cupboard somewhere…at least not until I have cast my eyes on it!! (no pun intended) Prices vary according to what magic needs to be performed, so it’s best we chat about it and I at least see a photo of it first. Prices start at $250.00 (as they actually take more time than me casting from scratch!)
- A NOTE ABOUT COSTS: I predominantly do this work for the love of creating beautiful things. The money is a bonus. If my prices are genuinely a little out of your price range, but you really want some of my work, please call me. I am happy to chat about this….maybe we can do a swap (of services) or I could vary a service to match your financial situation. I didn’t have a belly cast done with my bubba because it seemed so expensive at the time (in 2011 $235+ for an un-rendered cast, and I had to shop for all the materials myself) , and I deeply regret it. I don’t want other mamma’s to have that experience.For more photos of belly casts, please see http://www.pickledtink.com.au/belly-cast-gallery/